Monday 7 September 2015

Best friends: Buddy Writing

Who said that cats and budgies can't be best friends? I'm an ordinary old budgie with bright green layers of feathers but my friend is not so ordinary. It is 'Ginge' the cat.


It all happened last year when he arrived as a tiny ball of fur. He looked like a delicious wriggly 'ginger kiss' but as I went to take a peck, he snarled, "Cut that out!" I nearly fell off my perch. In all my years I have never heard a cat talk.  Well not so that a bird could understand!

We became great friends. I, the brilliant budgie, would battle his annoying fleas. He, the cuddly ginger giant, would let me sleep cuddled up to him at night. People thought that cats and budgies could never be friends but we are best mates forever.

Our favourite things to do is to stare out the window on rainy days to tease the neighbour's dog. Ginge wailed like a tortured siren while I stared with my beady eyes. The dog would whimper with his head hanging low. He tried to sneak past but we were always waiting like soldiers on duty.

So when your owner brings back some animal that should be your enemy, remember that it could become your very best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be posted as soon as it has been moderated.