Sunday 15 February 2015

Home Learning: Sjaak's Giant Cake


On Sunday I made an awesome cake! It was three layers high! I made it because I like cake and Ive never made a three layer high cake. I also wanted the cake to eat my class....I mean the class to eat my cake.




I learnt how to crack eggs properly, how to cut the cake into shapes and how to sprinkle the chocolate hail and 100s and 1000s. I also learnt that it was harder to ice cake that had been cut. The problems I had were running out of cocoa for the icing and the icing was hard to spread

because it was too thick (but it actually tasted really nice).

My favourite part was testing to see if the cake was ready because it wasnt ready and the knife came out gooey and yummy.


The ingredients in my cake were: self raising flour
cocoa
butter

vanilla essence sugar
eggs
water.


Some people may not be able to eat my cake (which is a bit annoying for them) so I thought I could give them a candy cane instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be posted as soon as it has been moderated.