Sunday 30 August 2015

Writing Tools - Moment in Time

What is in A Moment In Time?

Beginning: let me know where you/they are, draw me in
Middle: make me feel like I am there, details, description
End: closing statement, question, thought to end

Present tense:
right now - is, feel, crashing, feeling

Person: (stick to one)
1st (me, I, we, me mine, ours)
2nd (you, your, yours)
3rd ( he, she, it, his, hers, theirs)

Details:
Use senses to draw me in
Use similes, adjectives and adverbs to draw me in.

Activate nouns: wave - crashed, man - ran

Stay on the picture. Do not make it part of a larger story. The photo is your 'Moment in time'.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Stride Team,
    remember to think about smell and adjectives when you write your story and I can't wait to read it.
    From Brigid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will be posted as soon as it has been moderated.